Day Sail Experience
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: PORT ADELAIDE, SA
- Product code: DS
Come on board the STV One And All, and take the opportunity to have the same experience as thousands of sailors across the ages. Get involved in setting the sails, helm at the wheel with the Captain, climb into the bow nets, or alternatively, sit back, relax and soak up the atmosphere.
We depart Port Adelaide to start our day of adventure on the water, and the action is non stop. As we travel down the Port river, discover the variety vessels and businesses in the maritime industry. While the Port river is one of our oldest water ways in Adelaide, it will give an glimpse back to the history of wetlands, the quarantine station, and the nearby ships graveyard, and no trip down the river is without dolphins.
As we head out the breakwater to sea, we let loose the sails and show the magic of tallship sailing!
A Day Sail includes a delicious on board food, tea, coffee and cool drinks.
Access to the ship is via gangway and ladder. The ship is traditional built so lifts, ramps or disabled access are not available. Foot coamings must be negotiated to enter the saloon and ladder to lower areas for bathrooms.
Please understand that the safety of passengers, crew and vessel is paramount. Due to COVOID19 hand sanitizer stations will be on board and a pre boarding induction will be given before the event starts.
All attempts shall be made to ensure a comfortable sail, however the Gulf waters can provide swells and change of weather, which are still suitable conditions for sailing. Dress for the weather on the day, and also if you wish to join in climbing the rigging.
Minimum Event Age: 6 years
Included: On board food, cool drinks, tea & coffee. At time of booking please list any allergies / intolerances we need to consider for food preparation.
What to wear: Please wear sensible footwear, preferable flat soled closed shoes. Recommend a windproof jacket & hat. Stilettos and sharp-heeled shoes strictly prohibited.
Ready for Boarding Time: 9.15am
Boarding: 9.30am for departure at 9.45am
Return time: 3.00pm
Where to meet ship: McLaren Wharf, Port Adelaide
OTHER SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Smoking near or on board the ship strictly prohibited, this includes e-cigarettes.
- No alcohol can be brought or consumed on the ship.
- To comply with the COVOID19 guidelines it is required to complete your booking with the following information of ALL passengers: Name / Phone No / Email and emergency contact person (person not sailing on booked event)
- We ask all passengers to comply to the guidelines of social distancing, wellness to attend event, and hygiene during this period of COVOID19.
- Please take the time to carefully read through the terms and conditions prior to purchasing a ticket. Terms and conditions are available at checkout.